Thursday, December 30, 2010

#20

King Of Anything - Sara Bareilles, Peak - 2

A few years ago, a couple of my closest (Sosa and Nile) went crazy over Sara's Love Song.  I didn't quite get it then.  I liked the song and it charted pretty well, but it never bowled me over.

Zoom forward to today, and I totally get it just with a different song.  Things to like about this song:

- The vocal arrangement (amazing)
- The bouncy beat
- Lyrics that sound like a 5-year old girl talking to the boy she hates at school

It's nice to see Sara get another hit and take her a little further from One Hit Wonder territory.  (When people talk about one hit wonders, they always tend to ignore a song like Bottle It Up.  Even though the song did fairly well on the radio, it'll be chalked up to riding on the coattails of Love Song.  That argument definitely can't be made for this song.  All anyone can say was that it wasn't as big as Love Song was.)

No comments:

Post a Comment