Monday, December 27, 2010

55 to 51

55. Cover of a Magazine – Margo, Peak – 4
ConcreteLoop.com introduced me to Margo, and I was hooked right away.  I only have 3 songs by her so far, but they’re all great.  I can’t wait for a full length album.

54. Hey Soul Sister – Train, Peak – 10
I really liked Hey Soul Sister before it became an unavoidable hit that’s on every commercial.  It peaked high on last year’s chart, but it’s not something I listen to anymore.

53. Ego – The Saturdays, Peak – 5
This is the year I became a huge fan of The Saturdays.  Ego was their first song of The Saturdays that made an appearance on my chart.  It is the second (and final) single from their second album, Wordshaker.  This is the first of 3 appearances on this year’s chart for the group.

52. Ridin Solo – Jason Derulo, Peak – 7
Now up to the 3rd of 4 Jason Derulo songs.  A lot of people really hate how he says “Solo” in this song, but I don’t mind it at all.  It was quite a year for Jason in both the US and the UK.  If he’s smart, he’ll strike again while he’s hot and release his sophomore album in 2011.

51. DJ Got Us Falling In Love – Usher, Peak – 9
Usher had quite a comeback over the past 12 months.  We already talked about There Goes My Baby back in the 80s, a song that immediately caught my attention.  This Usher song took a while to grow on me and slowly made it’s way to a peak of number 9 – the climb took 13 weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment