Friday, December 24, 2010

70 to 66

70. Only Girl – Rihanna, Peak – 11
The best part of this song is making fun of Rihanna’s “strong” voice on the chorus with Sosa.  Nile thinks it is juvenile.  I’m only half interested.

69. What If – Jason Derulo, Peak – 9
Jason had quite a year and a half, with three huge singles.  The 4th single wasn’t as big as some expected, but it did alright.  This ballad is kind of cheesy, but catchy.

68. Naturally – Selena Gomez, Peak – 6
I feel like this is where we start to get into the songs I really liked (with the exception of the low placement of One Love).  Naturally is such a catchy tune, and I’m glad it was pretty successful for Selena.

67. Cold War – Janelle Monae, Peak – 9
Another Janelle song.  As a single, this one works a little bit more for me than Tightrope did.

66. Airplanes – B.O.B., Peak – 10
My chart is definitely influenced by the songs that friends go crazy about when we hang out, and this song definitely benefits from the reaction it got at some summer parties.  One comment – I thought for sure Paramore would release something a little more pop-leaning right after the success of this to capitalize on how big this was.  I see a few more collaborations in Hayley’s future, kinda like what Gwen Stefani was doing 10 years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment