Thursday, December 23, 2010

75 to 71

75. Rockstar 101 - Rihanna, Peak - 10
Ohhhh Rockstar.  This is the first of 4 Rihanna songs in this year's top 100 (Te Amo and What's My Name are just outside the top 100).  I'm not really sure how this song made it into the top 10, because I still don't like it's work.  I guess I was trying to give it a chance while listening to Fire Bomb ;)

74. 2012 - Jay Sean, Peak - 10
This song still gets stuck in my head a bit.  I can't figure out whether his career is going anywhere in the US or if he's done.  This by no means was a smash, and I have a feeling the next single's success will be based on the featured artist more than Jay.  Good luck to him!  That only goes so far.

73. Tightrope - Janelle Monae, Peak - 8
Fun song, good single, awesome album!  This is the lower of two Janelle appearances.

72. One Love - David Guetta w/ Estelle, Peak - 8
Love this song.  It should've been released here in the US and I should've charted it much higher!  There was some fierce competition earlier in the year.

71. Round & Round - Selena Gomez, Peak - 10
My love affair with Ms. Gomez started earlier this year.  Her music is pretty good... not too young, not too old.  Just about what someone her age should be singing about, setting the stage for a transition into an adult career.

2 comments: